Okay, yeah so this is a little bit early, but I am never ever early for anything so I’m going to go ahead and post this anyway. This month I’ve been loving so so many things, which is why I’ve written this already and I can’t wait to post it. Featuring everything from make-up and diaries to McDonald’s and Angel Delight, this February has been a month full of obsessions for me!
- Firstly, I have been and still am totally obsessed with and in love with this dungaree dress/pinafore in black from H&M. I bought this at the beginning of the month and honestly, I’d wear it every single day if it was socially acceptable. It was a bargain as I got it reduced at £18 (you can get 25% off an item if you sign up to their newsletter), and it just works with almost any top/t-shirt. I love it. If you want to check it out, here you go.
- I’ve also been obsessing over a couple of make-up products. I previously mentioned the Freedom Eyebrow Pomade in my drugstore make-up haul and I just thought I’d update you, that following my great first impressions of the product, it has definitely lived up to expectations. I’ve used it every single day for the whole of February and I’ve had so many compliments! Not to mention the fact that although I’ve used it every day, there’s still so much of the product left. It looks like it’ll last forever! I’ve also been loving the Eylure Naturals Eyelashes. I hardly ever wear fake eyelashes as firstly, due to my saggy difficult eyes, they just don’t look right, and second, they always feel so heavy. However, these are really light and natural and a really decent price (just £2.69 at Superdrug, click here to grab yours).
- I’ve also been absolutely craving non-stop these two foods. First up, the new McDonald’s El Chicken Spicy burger is to die for. I’m usually a Chicken Legend kind of girl and nothing else, but oh my god. With two chicken selects, bacon, chilli cheese sauce, salsa, tomato and lettuce in the most beautiful bun, it is my favourite McDonald’s burger to date. But it is only available for a limited time so, go get one now. I’ve also rekindled my childhood love for Angel Delight. I’ve no idea whether this is a thing outside of the UK, but basically it’s like a milkshake (you get a powder and have to mix it with milk) but you whisk it up and its super thick and creamy and it is just the most beautiful desert. I’ve been loving the banana flavour most, but strawberry and chocolate come close second and third.
- I’ve never been a very organised person, but recently with starting my new job and attempting to get my shit together, I started keeping a diary. I’ve been using the Busy B Busy Life Diary, and I absolutely love it. I got mine from Amazon for just £7.99, you can check it out here. It’s great because it just has everything you need; it has double paged weekly schedules and handy pockets to hold those important bits of paper that always end up lost. It was such a good price for such a useful little book and it is really good quality. I’d definitely recommend it. They have a few other diaries and planners on sale too that all look fab, so I’d definitely suggest checking their website here if you’re a fellow stationery lover!
- For my fellow book worms out there, this month I read The Sun is also a Star by Nicola Yoon (amongst others) but I was really pleasantly surprised by this book. After reading Everything Everything, a book which I had really mixed feelings about, I was really hoping that Nicola would redeem herself. Surely enough, she seriously did. The Sun is also a Star is a really unique book, like really unique – which is a rarity these days. I absolutely loved it and was not disappointed at all in the ending! Also, the front cover is gorgeous so, I rate it a solid ten out of ten.
- This month I finally decided to start watching Game of Thrones. I do realise that I am ridiculously late to this one, but I’ve been wanting to watch them for the last couple of years but I just felt so behind on it all that I thought it’d take forever to watch them all. However, I realise that the list of seasons to watch was only growing so I may as well get on with it. I’m currently half way through the second series, and so far it has 100% lived up to the hype. I’m pretty addicted to be honest, and I totally regret not watching sooner.
- Lastly, I went to watch Fifty Shades Darker on the 10th (if anybody would be interested in a review – let me know, I know Fifty Shades is a controversial topic but I’m more than happy to write a little review), and following that I’ve been loving the movie’s soundtrack. I’ve especially been loving Corrine Bailey Rae’s cover of The Scientist. The movie kicks off with this song, and I absolutely loved it immediately and I haven’t stopped playing it since.
That is all for February. Why not let me know in the comments what you’ve been loving this month? Thank you so much for reading, stick around for another favourites post at the end of March!